Considering Listing Your Calgary Home?
Here are 8 things to help you
1) Firstly study a marketing plan with us and assess whether it is a good time to sell. We are currently in a busy Sellers Market!. You will need to consider your finances, and factor in expenses including moving costs.
2) The second thing to do is to make sure that your property is ‘sale-ready’. Spring months are a good start, as we run into summer.
3) Carry out the necessary improvements and any upgrades, and create a home that is free of things a potential buyer will notice. You want your home to stand up against the competition.
4) Items left unfixed will for sure show up in a home inspection, and this can delay the sale or even cause it to fall through. So be ahead of the curve!
5) Clear all the clutter and sell or give to Goodwill any extra furniture to free up the space and make your home look more open and spacious. Your home must be ready for “Showtime”. Don’t leave this to the last minute.
6) It is well worth your time and effort to give your home a thorough clean, we would even suggest hiring the services of professional cleaners.
7) We consider “Mental Prep” to be a really important step before listing your home. Becoming emotionally detached from your home is essential for a successful sale. This will help you at every step of the selling process – right from setting the right price for the property (not basing it on sentimental value). Mental preparation will also help you understand and help to formulate and execute an effective marketing campaign with our team.
8) Before listing we can discuss home staging, we offer a complimentary one hour consultation with our stager, most times she will work with what you have, but you can discuss any finishing touches.
So arrange to meet us early in the process, that way we will discuss everything and explain our marketing plan. If this is done a few weeks before listing we will revisit the price later to see if we are still on the mark.
With the right strategies, selling your home can be a smooth process. Call us for our Marketing Consultaion and bespoke services - Direct call/text Stewart: 403.850.0669 . firstname.lastname@example.org