CHOOSE A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT REFLECTS PRIDE IN ITSELF
If you are looking for that new home, always check out the neighborhood – or one that you can see has pride of ownership. Here are some things to look for:
- People who have pride in their homes. Take a walk around the neighbourhood, get familiar with it. Looking at the homes, do you get a sense that people take good care of them? Are the yards looking good, with lawns mowed, landscaping trimmed and flowers planted? Remember homeowners are more likely to look after their properties when they like where they are living.
- Home Improvements. What about home owners spending money fixing their homes? Maybe they are getting their driveways re-done or putting in new windows. This is a clear indication that homeowners like the area enough to invest in their properties.
- Recent Home Sales. Is the neighborhood in demand from buyers, and are the prices steady with homes selling quickly. If people want to live there, it's a desirable area.
- Retailers Setting Up. What about businesses are they investing in the area? Is there an increase in the number of upscale shops, health clubs, restaurants, and other commercial enterprises that often locate near desirable neighbourhoods?
- Community Events. Another good sign is community activity. Look at the lifestyle of the area. Are there neighbourhood picnics, garage sales and other get-togethers? Go onto Facebook and if the neighborhood you are interested in has a community page!
- City Improvements. Has the City got plans for the area? Have there been road improvements done, or are there any major construction projects coming up, new schools or maybe a community centre?
- We are always here to advise you on the best neighborhoods, and give you the information on past home sales and those currently on the market.
firstname.lastname@example.org or direct 403-850-0669